2 Dec 2015

The Cunning Fox and the Goat

| | 3 comments
Once there was a fox living in a forest. He was roaming around the jungle for his foods. By chance, he fell into a well. He tried his level best to come out but all in vain. So, he had no other alternative but to remain there till the next morning. He asked his friend but they didn't help him. The next day, a goat came on that way. She peeped into the well and saw the fox was there. The goat asked, what are you doing there, my dear?

The fox replied, I came here to drink water. How sweet and cool this water in this hot summer days. It is the best I have ever tasted. Come and you want some water. Without second thought, the goat jumped into the well. He quenched her thirst and looked for a way to get out.

Then the fox said, I have an idea to get rid of this well. You stand with your back legs. I will climb on your head and get out. Then I shall help you to come out too. The goat was innocent enough to understand the bad idea of the fox. He did as fox said to him. Now the fox get out of the well with a jump and walked away. The fox said, Had you been intelligent enough, you would never have got in without seeing how to get out. I can't help you.

Moral: Look before you leap.  Do not believe blindly and walk in to anything without thinking.

3 comments: